Monday, July 2, 2012

"Spin."

Sometimes, it is amazing and God's presence is so close. Other times I feel like I am under qualified and overwhelmed. God feels so far away. Today started well with a good devo and prayer time, but quickly turned into one of those far away times. 
I was praying and seeking direction over an upcoming trip while the kids were playing school. They were getting along really well, when one of my children began having some behavioral challenges and a violent rage began.  I so didn't want to compassionately connect with my child, but went against my feelings and kept my child close...

A few moments later, with my child on my lap I prayed (begged God to intervene) out loud. Almost immediately, I got a clear directive and obeyed.
"Spin." 

Closing my eyes and cuddling my child close I began to spin us around in the chair. 

Not sure if it was surprise, confusion or a combination of both, but my child began to settle.  I fought back the nausea and kept spinning slowly one direction then the next. My child seemed to calm with each rotation...until my child asked, " Can I stop spinning?"

My child sat calmly in the chair beside me and after a quick "redo" was ready to go back and play. We had compassionately connected. Relived and amazed, I knew that I had been compassionately connected with and God, my Daddy was close by.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment