Thursday, November 1, 2012

Invalid Loyalty

I was scanning in my shopper card before I purchased gas and a strange message popped up on the screen

Invalid Loyalty

What?! I scanned my card again and this time it went through. Still the words Invalid Loyalty rolled around in my head as I sat in my van waiting for the gas tank to fill. Situations that have left me puzzled and times where I reluctantly obeyed a clear directive.
Times where I struggled to reconcile my heart with what my mind knew God had asked and confirmed through His Word. Most recently, seed planting in very rocky terrain. I've wrestled with God and often begged for change or perhaps a glimpse of future harvest... 

in other words, my invalid loyalty

Ouch, the sting of conviction hurts for a moment then the warmth of His reconciliation fills me. I am grateful to be known and still considered fit for service, even as I struggle with moments of invalid loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment