Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Knowing the value

Dumpling,
God has lit a fire inside of me that I think will just burn me alive.  The more I read and learn about orphans in the world, your part of the world especially, the more I want to allow God to use me. I am super unqualified...you will understand all about that after you are home, but I KNOW that He is able. I hurt for those that have no mommy and never will. I cry for you my littlest love, even though God has asked us to adopt you there are still mountains that He will have to move.

My son, my heart longs to hear actual news of you. It was a lot easier when I was able to know that you were safe, loved and provided for. These months since your move have been difficult on me. I try not to show it too much to the other kiddos and to Daddy, but son, today was a hard day for me. It was hard because I wondered if it was a particularly hard day for you. Preparing for Orphan Sunday and making calls to ministries that care for orphans I am learning about many things God has going on and it is encouraging. As I learn more about the millions of orphans that live and die without knowing true Hope and the Love of their Heavenly Daddy but would know all about hopelessness, starvation or have their bodies ravaged by AIDS I was slightly comforted knowing that you would be spared of some of that.

 When I was reheating lunch for your older sister and me, I wondered if you were given enough to eat? Did you look forward to hot meals of rice and beans or veggies, like the lunch I was inwardly complaining about, but eating anyway? Are you feeling okay, the cold and flu season is upon us here in Texas, when does that season come for you?  Will parasites and scabies be the worst things you have to endure? You Dumpling are among the blessed ones in an orphanage, I pray that God will send you reminders daily of your value and that you don't give up on the Hope of a forever family.

 I do not have to prove or explain to anyone beyond the homestudy agency, USCIS and your government that we are a good fit for you. I had a hard time remaining calm and loving today discussing the realities that continuing to move forward in your adoption will require even more sacrifice of some valuable stuff. I cannot explain sacrificial love, but I will try to live it. Your Daddy & I KNOW your value. You are our son and all of our children are priceless.




4 comments:

  1. Please contact me at kelly.eckert@gmail.com My daughter is from TCH and we met your son when we were in China 2 years ago. I am so happy he has a forever family waiting for him and will pray that the rest of the adoption process goes quickly for you. Blessings, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also met your son when we were adopting our son two years ago. We are waiting to travel for our 3rd little boy from TCH!

    Blessings,
    Amy
    mypatzer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also met your son while at TCH two years ago and I have photos I could send you. Email me at tpriegel@shaw.ca

    I am so glad he found a home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overwhelmed by these blessings from Prayer Mommies.
    Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete