Sunday, October 2, 2011

Praying over our meals

There are a few ministries that we've been learning about that do various types of children/orphan care. It is easy to learn and offer them up to the body on Orphan Sunday...but that didn't feel right.

How could I be recommending these great ministries for others to financially support and NOT support them myself?!

How could God be asking for more when we already are making sacrifices to fund our son's adoption?  Reading through the realities of life around the world, the hopelessness, the loss of innocence and of life, the only lasting answer being Jesus Christ and the efforts of several ministries I am reading about.

A number kept coming up to me that we were supposed to give. I knew that any "extra" was going to Hudson's fund or allocated to other things. Giving more now?

Yes.
It was very clear. Now.
Still as I prayed this number kept coming up.

Somehow, we have been finding small amounts of money in strange places. In Brian's pants, in the Ramsey envelopes,  in our bank account?! Not anything large, but several smaller sums.

Instead of using some money to splurge on take out, we agreed to start the new funds.

I still had to figure out something for dinner. I prayed and God supplied. There was frozen left over pork from a few weeks ago, some wild rice and instant white rice, red onions, raisins, celery, carrots,apples and a peach. I prayed as I searched and soon there was a meal. Topping it off with some cinnamon we had dinner.
The kids wondered if I was cooking a new kind of Chinese food;)


A little while later, we realized that there was a slight increase in Brian's check. Also increasing our tithe. Needless to say it was DOUBLE the amount that I thought we were supposed to give!

Don't worry, already asking God what He wants us to do with the rest...church adoption fund, adoption library, paying for conferences, and summit...


Yes, Dr. S.M. Lockridge, That's MY King!

That was an incredible answer to a dangerous prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment