Saturday, October 8, 2011

Three Months ago...

Three months ago we began this journey to bring our sweet dumpling home. This process, this marathon has stretched our faith and challenged us in ways we could not have imagined. We are not the same.

Two months ago I thought it was up to me to get all of the paperwork done and mailed off because I was afraid of many things. Fear of the unknown medicals of our son's face and the potential of harm to his mind or precious heart, the new criteria for adoptive parents, funding this adoption.

God reminded me that every aspect of this journey and every detail has already been planned out. Sovereign plans that began long before we purchased a bib.

It has been hard. I've not ever had an adoption like this before where he found us and then we went about making sure we could qualify to adopt...I was really just trying to sponsor a child. God had better plans. Plans that would stretch my faith and have me look at things that I had held back from Him.

Trust.
An area of weakness in my heart. God has brought wounded areas of my heart under His complete restoration. He has healed my heart and I know that He will also heal my son's.

I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me.
Hudson Taylor

Faith.
Although it is hard to go a day without a reminder of God's faithfulness, as our daughter is named Faith,still I doubt. I see the growing lump in my son's face and the way that his eye continues to be squished and I think God must have forgotten about his needs. I read the numbers miraculously in our account right when we need to write more checks, knowing that IS God, but still holding onto some doubts about the next steps. Then He shows up and money is found again...exactly how much and exactly when we need it.


Giving.
My husband has had a goal of giving on the gross...I did not share that same goal, but yielded at least outwardly. As we prayerfully researched Orphan Sunday and how to engage as well as equip the Church for action. We began to pray for others to see the needs and for them to be pierced as we were. God has a funny way of piercing your own heart. Especially when you pray dangerously...not sure I know any other way to pray?!
God asked us to give more. That WAS a faith stretcher, but the more we saw the easier it was. Abba's heart broke for the millions that we would never know, but that He knew by name all over the world. Our hearts broke too and we started this month to support 3 of the ministries that we will be bringing to our Church body.

You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know. William Wilberforce

Prayer.
My precious dumpling, how you have been the reason for your Dad, me and your sisters and brother to be on our faces before God almighty. We have needed wisdom and strength to keep our focus. His Spirit has taught us so much about asking, seeking & knocking. God has supplied and He continues to meet our needs.

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies."

There are so many more lessons...

Three months ago we obeyed, now we are following God. His leading is radiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment