Friday, January 13, 2012

Denied BUT Not Forgotten

I 'm learning through a Beth Moore study and today was, The Blessed Reminder, hoped that would be the theme of the day. After dropping the kiddos off, Brian and I headed over to USCIS to try to get our fingerprints done early. We have our appointment, but I was hoping and praying for a little favor. Nope. The officer was very polite, but it was crowded and they were too busy for walk-ins this morning. Brian had already scheduled meetings for this afternoon, so we couldn't come back today.

Denied. I was bummed, but it is just a few days more until our appointment. 

I had a few hours alone so I headed over to one of my favorite book stores. I LOVE books! Books on sale...even better! Found some great reads and 2 amazing books with DVD study too!

A few hours later I picked kiddos up and we headed home for an afternoon snack. Kids playing happily together for a while, until they weren't. Things happen...

I wanted to have child in "time-out" but God spoke and urged me to have child sit beside me as we've been doing to connect. Things happen...

A picture of a stretched out sweater came to mind and we talked about being connected. Building on the devo earlier from Romans 8:28-39 and being inseparable from God's love. We talked about feeling apart even though we were sitting next to each other and things that led to that change in our relationship. Like the way our relationship to God sometimes feels distant...because of our change. A connection happens and a snuggle.

I am encouraged by God watering the seeds that are sprouting into love. His love. His Power. His Way.

I may have been denied this morning, but not forgotten.

Thank you El Elyon. Truly this was my blessed reminder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment