Saturday, January 21, 2012

You Are Wonderful.

I was talking and braiding Katharine's hair tonight. She shared a few things that were on her heart. I am very grateful for the closeness that God has brought and His healing. We talked about many things...Psalm 139 and how David put into words how amazing human life is. Brian read parts of it out loud to her as I combed and braided.
I finished her braids and then greased her scalp. I reminded her that when God looks at her, it is Christ's righteousness and perfection in His Katharine that He sees. Her Abba, Daddy made her. He knew her while she was growing in her birthmother's tummy and gave her this beautiful coca skin. The way her eyes dance when she is telling a joke or singing a silly song that she just invented and the warmth of her Big Katy hugs, gifts from Him. I put a little hair oil on the unbraided parts of hair, because it smells so good and reminded her that it was God that gave her this beautiful curly hair too.


Katharine, my precious and exquisite daughter, you are wonderful. You bring us great joy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment