Friday, February 24, 2012

Supplies the Balm

Dumpling,
Dad and I are praying for you. We trust that God made your eye and knows all about your needs. Son, God keeps sending people and His own words to comfort and encourage us to keep going in this journey. I am grateful. We ask that He is also sending you people to love and care for you in Christ's name.

I wish that I had more answers, but if I did I might chicken out of this journey. I pray over your picture and marvel at the beauty of your crooked grin. We are surprised by so many things, and disappointed by the timeline that seems to be stretching farther.

I read something by J.Hudson Taylor and thought of you. One day when you're older Dad and I will tell you how these words from one Hudson, gave hope to us about you, precious Hudson.

My son, we are trusting that our wounds are known and He will be the one that supplies the balm. 

Looking forward to your gotcha day,
Mom
XOXOXO
Jer. 33:3

P.S. Remind me to tell you how hard your Daddy worked to use chopsticks, he can pick a few smaller things up now;)

“How incomprehensible is the love of God! His ways are indeed past finding out. How many of His providences are like the cloud between the Israelites and the Egyptians – if looked on by unbelievers, or without faith, it is a cloud of darkness; but if viewed according to the privilege of the Lord’s people, it is no longer darkness, but light and safety.
 May this be your experience; may you feel that the Hand which inflicts the wound supplies the balm, and that He who has emptied your heart has filled the void with Himself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment