Sunday, June 12, 2011

an amazing video and a difficult question

We got the video (on Father's Day weekend) featuring this amazing boy! It was incredible seeing him and hearing him. He was enjoying playing with a red truck and a Thomas the Tank Engine.  In one of his hands gripped tightly he held a lollipop. He seemed pretty excited to have that. 

As I watched this boy by myself and then later with my husband and children, each time I saw his face or heard his voice my mommy heart lept.  I began to think this was my son...wasn't this impossible?!

Later I got an email back asking a difficult question...adopting or advocating...?


How could I answer that? My mommy heart beating so loudly it made it hard to hear anything else, but it wasn't my decision to make alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment