Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Be Still

Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth.”

Ouch! When I run for too long I get this nasty cramp in my right side. I try all of the techniques to get rid of it, but the only way to relieve the pain is to slow down and begin to be still.

Being still is one of my least favorite things to do and I'm really not good at it.  I can rest and relax with the family and spend leisure time with hubby, but being still...that's hard.

Parts of this adoptive race have been difficult and more recently painful.  Mostly due to the pace that we have been sprinting, making so many decisions so quickly. We are sure that this is what God has asked us to, we're sure that the international agency is the one that He chose for us and our son...

We have been in prayer over the weekend and fasted on Monday seeking God's guidance. A verse that I read on the license plate holder of the car in front of me read "Psalm 46:1 “Be still, and know I am God" has spoken to me several times. Loved Kirk Franklin & Toby Mac combo= greatness video!

Be still and KNOW I am God. Really, in many ways that is exactly what I needed to read.
Stop. Be Still. Don't run right now, don't do. Know I AM.

Gifts of blessing have come in so many ways.  A precious family spoke at our adoption meeting on Sunday. Truly she ministered to my heart, she was wickedly funny and gracious...one of the best combinations!!
A reminder of God being with us about five years earlier when we struggled with our son's diagnosis and questioned if we were following God in our adoption plan.  He confirmed then just as He has done now that these boys are our sons...gifts and blessings entrusted to us by God and one day in the not so distant future will undoubtedly pee in very inappropriate places;)

Hubby & I prayed hard over the weekend and fasted and prayed on Monday. We were given some direction, but mostly reminded to be still and know He is God.

I will for now, but remembering that Hudson needs to be home, the rest is not going to be a long one.
Being still, resting and praying hard for clarity and a December travel date for our sweet boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment